News (since 2015)
Check out and subscribe to the following emailing list if you are a Turkish roboticist:
- Our paper with Hazan, Sezai, Ulfet and Utku has been accepted to the 30th British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC 2019). A preprint is available here: Arxiv. The code is available here: github
- Our paper with Irmak Dogan and Iolanda Leite has been accepted to the IEEE/RJS Int. Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2019). A preprint is available here: Arxiv.
- Our paper "Learning Context on a Humanoid Robot Using Incremental Latent Dirichlet Allocation", IEEE TCDS, 2016 has been awarded the IEEE TCDS Outstanding Paper Award in 2019.
- The M.Sc. thesis of my student, Ilker Bozcan, has been awared the Best Thesis Award.
- Our paper with Ilker Bozcan has been accepted to the Robotics and Autonomous Systems (RAS). A preprint is available here: Arxiv
- Our paper summarizing our recent methods for incremental context modeling is accepted to the Continual Learning Workhop at Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS) Conference. Check out the paper here.
- New paper accepted at The Visual Computer journal.
- I will give a talk on context in robots at the 3rd Workshop on Semantic Policy and Action Representations for Autonomous Robots (SPAR) at IROS 2018.
- Our paper on incremental learning of context has been accepted to IROS 2018. Check it out here!.
- Our two papers (paper 1, paper 2) have been accepted at ICRA 2018.
- Our joint project with Dr. Erol Sahin on context-aware robotics systems for workers in factories has been funded under the FLAG-ERA ROBOCOM++ (Rethinking Robotics for the Robot Companion of the future) by TUBITAK. The project will start on June 2017.
- I will give a talk at HAVELSAN (one of the leading IT companies in Turkey) Academy Days on 12 July 2017 on deep learning and its applications.
- I have given an invited talk on deep learning and its applications at Artificial Intelligence and Image Processing days in Ankara on 29 April 2017.
- We will offer a new course on Advanced Deep Learning in Spring 2016-2017. It will be fantastic!
- I will give an invited talk on ``Affordances, Concepts and Context" on 26th of May, 2017 at
the University of Exeter, UK.
- I gave an invited talk in Northern Cyprus campus of METU on ``The Three Musketeers of AI: Perception, Action and Language" on 11th of May, 2016.
- I am offering a new graduate course on Deep Learning in the Spring 2016 term. The demand and the reception were
greate! Thanks. Check it out.
- My project proposal on "Context in Robots" has been accepted for funding by TUBITAK!
- We have organized the second Turkish Conference on Robotics (Turkiye Robotbilim Konferansi - TORK) on 26-27 October, 2015 in Istanbul Technical University, bringing together the important players of robotics in Turkey.
- I gave an invited talk at the
"Learning Object Affordances: a fundamental step to allow prediction, planning and tool use?"
Workshop at IROS 2015 in Hamburg, Germany.
We have organized the
17th International Conference on Advanced Robotics (ICAR 2015) between 27-31 July, 2015 in Istanbul!
- We have organized a workshop on
"Context Aware Cognitive Systems" in London on 17th of July, 2015 as a British Machine Vision Association event.