News (since 2015)
Check out and subscribe to the following emailing list if you are a Turkish roboticist:
- New paper accepted to Ro-Man 2020 on "Continual Learning for Affective Robotics: Why, What and How?" in collaboration with N. Churamani and H. Gunes.
- On June 17, I had a chance to talk about our recent work (with Emre Akbas, Kemal Oksuz and Baris Can Cam) on addressing imbalance problems in computer vision at the Wednesday Seminars of the Department of Computer Science and Technology of University of Cambridge. The video of the talk is available here.
- I have been bestowed upon the Science Academy, Turkey Young Scientist Award for 2020. I am grateful to all my collaborators who have made this possible.
- Our paper with Kemal, Baris and Emre on "Imbalance Problems in Object Detection" has been accepted to the IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI) journal. A preprint is available here: Arxiv. See also the accompanying github page: github
- Our paper with Hazan, Sezai, Ulfet and Utku has been accepted to the 30th British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC 2019). A preprint is available here: Arxiv. The code is available here: github
- Our paper with Irmak Dogan and Iolanda Leite has been accepted to the IEEE/RJS Int. Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2019). A preprint is available here: Arxiv.
- Our paper "Learning Context on a Humanoid Robot Using Incremental Latent Dirichlet Allocation", IEEE TCDS, 2016 has been awarded the IEEE TCDS Outstanding Paper Award in 2019.
- The M.Sc. thesis of my student, Ilker Bozcan, has been awared the Best Thesis Award.
- Our paper with Ilker Bozcan has been accepted to the Robotics and Autonomous Systems (RAS). A preprint is available here: Arxiv
- Our paper summarizing our recent methods for incremental context modeling is accepted to the Continual Learning Workhop at Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS) Conference. Check out the paper here.
- New paper accepted at The Visual Computer journal.
- I will give a talk on context in robots at the 3rd Workshop on Semantic Policy and Action Representations for Autonomous Robots (SPAR) at IROS 2018.
- Our paper on incremental learning of context has been accepted to IROS 2018. Check it out here!.
- Our two papers (paper 1, paper 2) have been accepted at ICRA 2018.
- Our joint project with Dr. Erol Sahin on context-aware robotics systems for workers in factories has been funded under the FLAG-ERA ROBOCOM++ (Rethinking Robotics for the Robot Companion of the future) by TUBITAK. The project will start on June 2017.
- I will give a talk at HAVELSAN (one of the leading IT companies in Turkey) Academy Days on 12 July 2017 on deep learning and its applications.
- I have given an invited talk on deep learning and its applications at Artificial Intelligence and Image Processing days in Ankara on 29 April 2017.
- We will offer a new course on Advanced Deep Learning in Spring 2016-2017. It will be fantastic!
- I will give an invited talk on ``Affordances, Concepts and Context" on 26th of May, 2017 at
the University of Exeter, UK.
- I gave an invited talk in Northern Cyprus campus of METU on ``The Three Musketeers of AI: Perception, Action and Language" on 11th of May, 2016.
- I am offering a new graduate course on Deep Learning in the Spring 2016 term. The demand and the reception were
greate! Thanks. Check it out.
- My project proposal on "Context in Robots" has been accepted for funding by TUBITAK!
- We have organized the second Turkish Conference on Robotics (Turkiye Robotbilim Konferansi - TORK) on 26-27 October, 2015 in Istanbul Technical University, bringing together the important players of robotics in Turkey.
- I gave an invited talk at the
"Learning Object Affordances: a fundamental step to allow prediction, planning and tool use?"
Workshop at IROS 2015 in Hamburg, Germany.
We have organized the
17th International Conference on Advanced Robotics (ICAR 2015) between 27-31 July, 2015 in Istanbul!
- We have organized a workshop on
"Context Aware Cognitive Systems" in London on 17th of July, 2015 as a British Machine Vision Association event.